Brocoli & Cheddar Soup with Crispy Chickpeas
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Turn up the heat on our creamy Broccoli & Cheddar soup with a spicy, homemade mix of cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper and garnish it with crispy chickpeas.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 4 Brocoli & Cheddar Soups Cuisine Adventures
- 1 can (540 ml\19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) house spice mix*
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
House Spice Mix
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 ml) ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 ml) paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5 ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, mix the chickpeas, the homemade spice mix and the olive oil. On an ovenproof baking sheet, place a parchment paper and add the chickpeas.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until the chickpeas are golden brown.
- Heat the soup according to the packaging instructions.
- Garnish your hot soup with crispy chickpeas.