French Onion Soup with Meatballs
French Onion Soup
A surprising tasty fusion featuring our delectable French Onion Soup baked with cheesy meatballs and topped with melted shredded Swiss cheese.
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 60 minutes
- 6 Cuisine Adventures French Onion Soup
- 350 g (12oz.) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30ml) breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (100g) diced Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (100g) shredded Swiss cheese
- Overnight, thaw 6 opti-packs of French Onion Soup in the refrigerator.
- Combine ground beef, egg and breadcrumbs in a large bowl, and gently mix with your hand.
- Take one piece of the meat mixture and flatten slightly into a patty. Place one cube of cheese in the center of the patty and wrap the meatball around the cheese, sealing the best you can. Repeat with the remaining meat and cheese cubes. This will make around 30 meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. (200°C).
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the meatballs and brown on sides.
- Place meatballs in an ovenproof baking pan. Add French Onion Soup.
- Heat for about 60 minutes. Add the shredded Swiss cheese and then brown under the broiler for about 5 minutes.