Warm skillet Spinach & Artichoke dip in a sourdough bread bowl
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Create a delicious, one-of-a-kind bread bowl by filling a sourdough round with our tasty Spinach & Artichoke Dip then baking it in a skillet.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 opti-packs of Cuisine Adventures Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 12 to 16 oz (350 to 500 g) round sourdough bread
- 3/4 cups (190ml) Sharp Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/8 Tsp (0.62 ml) Green onion, finely cut
- Preheat oven to 425F .
- With a serrated knife, cut a round out of the top of your sourdough bread, leaving 1-1/2 inches around the outside of the round and about 1 1/2 inches deep. Gently pull the slice out of the top of the bread and set aside. Cut slices around the outside of the bread round, slicing down in about 1 inch intervals, slicing about 2/3 of the way down the side. Place bread round into your skillet.
- Cut the round that you removed from the top into cubes and toast or serve plain with your finished bowl.
- Heat dip according to package instructions.
- Spoon your dip into the hollowed out center. Once filled, gently pull the slices around the outside outwards a bit. This will allow them to toast, but will also make your hallow a little bigger, so your dip should drop down into the bowl some more.
- Loosely cover top of bread bowl with a piece of aluminum foil and place into preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven. Remove and discard aluminum foil. Sprinkle top of dip (and onto the tops of the bread as well), with the additional shredded cheese for topping. Return to the oven and bake 5 minutes more, or until cheese is golden. *If toasting additional bread cubes, scatter on baking sheet and place on the rack under the bread bowl for the last few minutes of baking(after the cheese has been added).
- Garnish with the green onion and serve warm in the skillet.