Grilled halloumi, tomato and eggplant skewers
A vegetarian BBQ delight featuring cubed halloumi cheese, eggplant and whole cherry tomatoes grilled on skewers paired with our easy-to-serve Spanakopita.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
- 1 tray (12 pieces) Spanakopita Cuisine Adventures
- 1 clove (5g) garlic, crushed
- 1/2 bunch (40g) parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30g) capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 unit (25ml) lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 8 ea cherry tomato
- 100g halloumi, cubed
- 200g eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
- Salt & pepper to taste
** If you use wooden skewers soak them in cold water before starting the recipe.
- Whisk the garlic with the parsley, capers, lemon juice and olive oil then season to taste.
- Reserve 2 tbsp of the marinade, then toss the remaining marinade with the tomatoes, eggplant and halloumi. Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Thread cubed halloumi, eggplant and whole cherry tomatoes onto skewers.
- On a hot chargrill or BBQ, sear the skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the tomatoes just start to burst and the halloumi is golden.
- Place the skewers on a serving plate and pour over the remaining marinade,
- Serve with Cuisine Adventures appetizer of your choice.