Italian Sauce & Mini Sausages
Introduce some Italian zest to our Mini Sausages with this simple yet delicious marinara dipping sauce.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil to the pan, allowing it to warm for 1 minute, then add the garlic and sauté it for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until it’s golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar and crushed red pepper flakes (optional), stirring to combine. Simmer the sauce for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, then season it with additional salt, pepper or sugar, to taste.
Note: The strongest flavor of the marinara sauce will depend on what variety of crushed tomatoes you use.