Savory Onion Soup Muffins
French Onion Soup
Give traditional muffins an untraditional, appetizing twist with our French Onion soup—ideal for a great-tasting breakfast or between-meal snack.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 2 Cuisine Adventures French Onion Soups, thawed overnight
- 2 1/2 cup (625 ml) flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp (7.5 ml) baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 1 Tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) butter
- 5 Tbsp (60 ml) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 Tsp (2.5 ml) parsley, dry
- 1 1/2 Tsp (7.5 ml) garlic, freshly chopped
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C).
- Place thawed soups in a strainer with a bowl underneath. Drain and separate soup from onion and cheese pieces; set both aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter until soft then whisk in egg, sour cream, parsley, garlic, black pepper and soup broth.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well-combined.
- Gently mix half of the wet ingredients into the dry mix until combined and slightly lumpy. Do not overmix. Finish by folding in remaining wet batter, followed by the strained onion and cheese pieces.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with cupcake liners. Spoon the batter evenly into each cup or liner.
- Bake for around 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden and crusty and spring back when touched in the center.
- Remove and place on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.