Zucchini “Noodle” Salad
Get out of the ordinary by preparing this delicious salad.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 trays (24 units) Cuisine Adventures Mini Quiches
- 2 lbs zucchini and/or yellow summer squash
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) fresh marjoram or oregano, finely chopped
- 1 jar (4 oz) pimientos, drained
- Salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, marjoram, salt and pepper until blended.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, cut squash lengthwise into long, thin “noodles”.
- Rotate squash as you peel and discard seedy core.
- Add squash to dressing in the bowl along with pimientos and toss to combine.
- Prepare Mini Quiches according to the package directions.
- Serve salad with Mini Quiches immediately or let marinate up to 15 minutes.