French Onion Grilled Cheese
French Onion Soup
Give the comfort-food classic some extra zip by adding our French Onion Soup to an easy-to-make grilled cheese sandwich.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Cuisine Adventures French Onion Soup
- 2 thick slices of grain bread or bread of your choice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) strong cheese, grated
- Heat the French Onion Soup in the microwave oven according to packaging instructions.
- Separate the soup solids from the broth (careful, the soup will be hot!). Set aside the broth.
- Butter on one side of both slices of bread.
- Assemble bread, cheese and onions into a sandwich, buttered side out.
- Place the sandwich in a heated skillet. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Savour the grilled cheese sandwich by dipping it into the broth.