CARAMELIZED ONION AND APPLE STUFFING
French Onion Soup
Give stuffing a delicious twist by combining diced red crisp apples, cubed bread and celery with the unexpected flavors of our French Onion Soup.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 4 Cuisine Adventures French onion soup, put aside cheese
- 1 Loaf country bread, cubed
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Olive oil
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 3 parsnips, diced
- 2 red crisp apples, diced
- To taste, fresh sage & parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- To taste, Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven at 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, toss cubed bread and olive oil. Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, bring the French Onion Soup to a boil, reduce by half.
- Add the celery and parsnip and let them cook until the vegetables are tender, remove from heat. Cool down and add to the bread bowl. Add the apples, fresh herbs, salt & pepper to taste and fold the eggs in.
- Transfer to a baking dish, cover with a foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden brown.