FRENCH ONION WINTER GREENS GRATIN
French Onion Soup
Looking for a delicious way to eat all those leafy green vegetables? This easy winter greens au gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for any meal.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 opti-pack Cuisine Adventures French Onion Soup
- 16 ounces (454g) hearty greens like kale, collards or similar, washed, dried and chopped no more then 3/4 in thick (fresh preferred, if using frozen reduce cook time)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) whole grain mustard
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) panko breadcrumbs (or similar) coarse, toasted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) grated cheese (Parmesan, Romano, Dry jack, etc)
- 3 tbs (45 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F (230°C).
- Place water, French Onion Soup and greens in a 6Qt (5l) pot with cover and cook for 15 minutes until volume is reduced and greens are slightly tender.
- Add salt, pepper and mustard to the cooked greens and place into lightly oiled baking dish.
- Mix breadcrumbs and cheese together, distribute evenly over the greens, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Let rest for a few minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!