Colorful Barley Salad
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Add a dash of color—and delicious flavors—to our Broccoli Cheddar Soup with this hearty salad combining hulled barley, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and Kalamata olives, all topped with a zesty dressing.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 2 Cuisine Adventures Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 cup (250ml) Hulled barley, cooked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Cherry tomato, halved
- 2 Baby bell peppers, chopped
- 8 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 Cucumber, diced small
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) Italian seasoning
- To taste, salt & pepper
- Heat the soups according to the packaging instructions.
- In a small bowl, toss lightly barley, cherry tomatoes, baby bell peppers, kalamata olives and cucumber.
- In a small bowl, add the dressing ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Add the dressing into the bowl with the salad ingredients and toss to coat evenly.
- Enjoy with the Broccoli Cheddar Soup.