French Onion Sloppy Joes
French Onion Soup
Make these rich and savoury French Onion Sloppy Joes with our French Onion Soup for a quick and easy-to-prepare weeknight delight.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- 1 Opti pack French Onion Soup, defrosted
- 3/4 lbs (340 g) ground beef, turkey or plant base protein
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices cheese, swiss or provolone
- 1 tbsp (15ml) butter
- In a sauté pan over a medium high, heat brown meat until well cooked.
- Drain fat and lay on paper towel.
- Add soup to pan, bring to a strong simmer and reduce by half stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile toast buns and butter.
- Add meat back to pan and continue to cook until thickened about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Distribute the sloppy joe mixture across the warm buns and top with the Swiss cheese. Serve hot and enjoy!